Monday, March 9, 2009

YOUR views on Euthanasia

After reading Of Mice and Men and the two news articles, what is your stance on euthanasia?List any exceptions, if you have any. Is "mercy" killing a legitimate way to ending someones life?
I think euthanasia can be an exception depending on the person's condition. Other's may be very brusque about euthanasia, however everyone has a right to choose what they think is best for them. It seems like people are very morose when it comes to this, but they don't realize what the person is going through until they're in their position. One example, would be when a grizzled person is very sick and isn't able to move, nor eat on their own gets very impatient and can't take no more of the pain. So they decide to go through the euthanasia, even if they deserve every right to live, they also have rights to what they want. I don't think people should die by suffering because everyone deserves to die in peace, and not with so much agony. So if someone wants to die slowly without any anguish, then they should be able to do that without anyone going against them. Yes indeed, its very sullen to see someone you really love die, but it's also a relieve to both the family and the person because they didn't suffer, but passed away in peace. If I were in some one's position who is suffering and stays in bed all day with medicine going in and out of their body, then I don't think I would want to live any longer. Its hard to live one more day, but it's also hard to live on with so much pain, when you can rest in peace.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Nau beacause I also think that people have the right to die in peace. I also agree with her because if I were in a situation like that I would want my family to make the best decision for me even if it was ending my life.People may get mad when euthanasia is perfomed but there is nothing wrong when it is performed for the best reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nauuuuu!!!
    Reading your blog made me honestly feel as if I were living and artificial life. It then made me think of how I should be thankful for my young age and good health. I completely agree with the fact that if I were in a similar situation, I would want my famliy to do what is best for me and help me complete my wish of being put to peace. By performing euthanasia, a person truly is showing that they care about another persons feelings and deep desires.

    ReplyDelete